[sane-devel] Status PrimeFilm 1800u/Microtek FilmScan35

Simon Munton simon@munton.demon.co.uk
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:42:03 +0000

Hi,

I wrote the sane backend for the PIE scsi scanners, but I haven't (and
probably won't, (no hardware)) be doing anything for their usb scanners.

> I would like to know the status of developing a sane-backend for the
> Pacific Image Electronics "PrimeFilm 1800u".
>
> This device (film/slide-scanner with USB interface) is apparently also
> sold as "Microtek FilmScan35", "Mediax Diascanner 1800 dpi" and
> "Reflecta i-scan 1800". (the latter two maybe only in Germany)

Also the BlackWidow FS2000 in the UK, I believe.

> Has anybody already started devolopment? Did anybody get the necessary
> API-documentation from the manufacturer? What is your experience with
> technical support from PIE?

I don't  have any information from them about their usb scanners, and it's
very hard to get information from them

> I would just like to know what has already been done before I try to
> contact Pacific Image Electronics.

Good luck!

Simon Munton