[sane-devel] FW: Sus3 7.3, Sane 1.05, HP5300C

Art Fore art_fore@3mts.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 02:19:43 -0800

How do you set SANE_SG_BUFFERSIZE? I done a SANE_SG_BUFFERSIZE=32768, but
this does not seem to do anything? Also, how do you tell which it is using,
scanner.o or hp5300.o? Is this in a config file somewhere?

Art

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Hall [mailto:jhall@UU.NET]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 2:16 PM
To: art_fore@3mts.com
Cc: sane-devel@mostang.com
Subject: Re: [sane-devel] FW: Sus3 7.3, Sane 1.05, HP5300C

THe 5300 doesn't use scanner.o, it uses hp5300.o (or whatever it was
called) It's basically a modified microtek driver.

Make sure your SANE_SG_BUFFERSIZE is set correctly, if memory serves, this
should be 32768 (this is an environment variable) then somewhere in sane's
configuration options is a directive that tells sane to use a driver, make
sure it is using the avision driver.

This was with sane 1.0.3, but things still should work?

_J