[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 7400C

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 03:29:07 +0100 (CET)

On: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 17:40:02 +0100,
    Zied Fakhfakh <zied@linux.com.tn> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to this mailing list,
>
> I know HP scanJet 7400C is not supported yet, is there a plan for it ?

The HP 7400C is an Avision OEM scanner labeled by HP.

This is the Avision backend page:
  http://drocklinux.dyndns.org/rene/avision/index.html

Latest code can be obtained from:
  http://www.rocklinux.org/people/rene/sane/

The HP 5300 does now work with SANE/Avision. I still try to track
problems with the HP 5370 and HP 7400 - and with the
color-calibration.

To use the scanner you need the the HP53xx support in the kernel - or
as module. The module will be called "hpusbscsi".

The HP 7400 still hangs during some scsi commands - it would be nice
if you could give it a try and debug it. (I do not have the scanner
...). If you do not know C, debug output is ok, too. You get it for
example by:

export SANE_DEBUG_AVISION=7
xscanimage

Feel free to reask if you need aditional help.

> Best Regards.
>
> --
> Zied Fakhfakh				RCHE - RHCX
> OpenNet Software			Business Development Manager
> Tel : +216 71 892 377			Fax : +216 71 892 554
> 70, Ave Med V, Tunis			1002 - Tunisia
> http://www.linux.com.tn

k33p h4ck1n6
  René