[sane-devel] 'scanimage -L' fails first time with modular SCSI drivers

Tim Waugh twaugh@redhat.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:14:46 +0000

--nywXBoy70X0GaB8B

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 04:13:00PM +0100, abel deuring wrote:

> Don't know, if this is related, but the Sharp backend has the bug that
> it considers the REQUEST SENSE result "power on reset" to be an error.
> So, if you have only /dev/sg0, no /dev/scanner, scanimage -L fails, if
> the scanner was power-cycled after the SCSI driver module has been
> loaded. With /dev/scanner present, detecting the scanner at either
> /dev/scanner or /dev/sg0 (the one being accessed first, don't know which
> it is...) will fail, but accessing the second device file will succeed.
> A second "scanimage -L" will then show two scanners, attached to
> /dev/sg0 and /dev/scanner.

This sounds like it might be a separate problem: I am using the hp
backend.  Also, the scanner remains powered throughout.

Tim.
*/

--nywXBoy70X0GaB8B

--nywXBoy70X0GaB8B--