[sane-devel] UMAX and netbsd/macppc woes persist

paul beard paulbeard@mac.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:18:20 -0800

well, I seem to be stuck. So far, I've been able to verify that
the scanner hardware and cabling work in MacOS but not in NetBSD
with SANE. I haven't heard anything resembling a success story
with SANE and Apple/PowerPC hardware, so if there are any, I'd be
interested to see them.

Since the kernel and scsictl can both see the scanner but SANE
can't, what's missing? Is the kernel somehow not cooperating with
SANE? and if not, how does scsictl get around that problem? I have
already posted ktruss output of scsictl and SANE probing the
device, but if anyone would like to see it again or can suggest
other methods, please let me know.

I can capture ktruss output as needed or provide any other
debugging assistance/testing. I'd like not to have to buy a SCSI
card for one of my Intel boxes just to resolve this issue: sounds
like a Windows solution to me.

I don't even know what this error means:

         "scanimage: open of device umax:/dev/uk0 failed: Invalid
argument\n"