[sane-devel] missing sane- files

Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:54:54 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 08:33:03AM +0100, Rene Rebe wrote:
> Is it possible that the sane release files are not on the server? At
> least the german mirror is empty,

It has only the files in the main directory. IIRC, a problem with the
sync scripts?

If this can't be fixed (and it lasts queite long now) I vote for
removing this server from the download site.

> the "gd.tuwien.ac.at" one only has
> 1.0.7

The same is true for ftp.no.mostang.com. i don't remember if this is
new.

> and m/tsx-11.it.edu only has files up to 1.0.1.

They ignore my uploads since SANE 1.0.3 (IIRC). No matter what I do. I
even updated the .lsm to a newer version. The submission is ognored
without any comment even when I asked for a reason. This server is
dead for me. I think we should remove it also. I won't upload anything
again, it's a real pain (no connection most of the time, slow, must
send email).

> The main server is currently not repsonding ...

Same here.

> Maybe this needs some cleanup?

Yes.

If someone needs an older Version of SANE I can put it on my website.
I think I have saved all 1.* versions and some of the earlier ones
locally.