[sane-devel] 'scanimage -L' fails first time with modular SCSI drivers

Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:05:20 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 07:43:12PM +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> aic7xxx and sg are loaded when sane-find-scanner is called. It takes
> about 10 seconds but the result is ok. Maybe in your case sanei_scsi
> runs into a timeout?

I should have read closer (scanimage, not sane-find-scanner). If I
just use "scanimage -L", the modules are also loaded.

If I remove everything from dll.conf but mustek, the modules are not
loaded even if I run scanimage -L more than once.

I think the analysis of Andras is right.