[sane-devel] sane 1.07 sane-find-scanner does not work

Art Fore art_fore@3mts.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:44:21 -0800

It is not in the path. I done a ./sane-find-scanner and it works. Will have
to find out the file for this from Suse I guess.

Art

-----Original Message-----
From: Henning Meier-Geinitz [mailto:henning@meier-geinitz.de]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 11:11 AM
To: 'sane-devel@mostang.com'
Subject: Re: [sane-devel] sane 1.07 sane-find-scanner does not work

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 10:35:39AM -0800, Art Fore wrote:
> Just had another thought and tried it. If I type
> /usr/local/bin/sane-find-scanner it then works. Looks like something with
> path. Does this have to be set somewhere?

If your path doesn't include "/usr/local/bin" you must add it. Try:

echo $PATH

to see the actual path.

The place where it is set depends on the operatiing system
distribution. Have a look at the files in /etc for system-wide
settings and e.g. ~/.bashrc for user settings.

But maybe it's only a missing call of "hash -r" (for bash)?