[sane-devel] Sane is definately not Scanner Access Now Easy

Art Fore art_fore@3mts.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 05:30:37 -0800

Have finally gotten sane-find-scanner working and scanimage -L working as
root after over 3 days trying. Have to do PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin though.
Tried the profiles.local, that did not work. Does anyone have any idea how
to make the add to the path environment on a permanent basis?

When I execute xsane, I get
Gtk-Warning **: Unable to locate loadable module in module-path:
"libpixmap.so" even though file is located in
/opt/gnome/lib/gtk/themes/engines,
then it comes up, cannot find scanner. Added the path to the
/etc/module.conf, still no work.

Tried Gimp, it also cannot find scanner even though I done the
ln -s /usr/local/bin/xsane ~/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins/ Per the Xsane website which
also did not work, so I done ln -s /usr/local/bin/xsane
/opt/gnome/lib/gimp/1.2/plug-ins/ which appeared to take but gimp still
cannot find scanner.

Can anyone tell me how to tie all of this together so it works? Have
searched all of the associated websites and faqs, but none come up with
these particular problems.

System is Dell Inspiron 8100 w/ SuSE 7.3, 2.4.17 kernel, XFree86 4.2, Sane
1.07, Xsane 0.84.

Art