[sane-devel] Sane is definately not Scanner Access Now Easy

Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:43:12 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 12:06:24PM -0800, Art Fore wrote:
> Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module-path:
> "libpixmap.so" 16 times.

Looks like a problem with your GTK installation. I don't think it's
related to SANE.

> xsane-0.84 (c) 1988-2002 Oliver Rauch
> Email: Oliver.Rauch@xsane.org
> package xsane-0.84
> compiled with GTK-1.2.10
> XSane output formats: jpeg, png, pnm, ps, raw, tiff

XSane isn't compiled with gimp support.

> done the stuff at http://www.mostang.com/sane/man/xscanimage.1.html Running

Stop! Now you are talking about xscanimage, a different program.

> under Gimp. Still cannot see plugin when I open gimp. Xscanimage shows up
> when I do a ls /home/afore/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins

And xscanimage is compiled with gimp support (configure talks about
this)? You looked at the menu "Xtns->acqire image" for xscanimage?

> It does not have the gimp support,

Are you still talking about xscanimage? From what do you know that it
hasn't gimp support? You can check this with "ldd
/usr/local/bin/xscanimage". There should be a line like:
   libgimp-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgimp-1.2.so.0 (0x40020000)

If you get different results with xsane/xscanimage and scanimage
concerning the detection of your scanner: You may have kept you old
installation of SANE in /usr, while the new is in /usr/local, so the
graphical frontends use the old one. Just a guess...