[sane-devel] Support for Panasonic scanners

Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:52:26 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 09:40:07AM -0800, Joe Hudson wrote:
>    I'd like to use SANE to work with a Panasonic KV-S2025 but I don't
> see any support for any Panasonic scanners at all.

There is only no entry in the PROJECTS file. You may want to check the
mailing list archive: http://sane.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/cgi-bin/htsearch
One panasonic scanner is mentioned but it looks like our questions
have never been answered so there is still no link to that driver.

> Does anybody know if they're available under another name or such?

If it's a SCSI or USB scanner, what does sane-find-scanner print?

> If not, does anyone know why there's no support, I mean, it is just
> that it happens that nobody's gotten around to it yet, or is it
> because Panasonic won't release specs?

Maybe the problem is that there are not very many of these scanners?
At least I have didn't even know that there are Panasonic scanners.