[sane-devel] Sane is definately not Scanner Access Now Easy

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:31:31 +0100

Hi,

concerning your "/usr/local/bin is not in $PATH" problem: How do you start
your root shell? On my system (which is pretty plain SuSE 7.3 when it comes
to .profile, login scripts etc), /usr/local/bin is included in the path if I
log in as root (i.e. start a shell on a login prompt).

There is a difference if you simply do "su" in the shell of a normal user -
in this case, /usr/local/bin is not included in the path. I don't know the
magic behind this - if you want to use "su", run "su -l".

Regards,

Oliver