[sane-devel] issues with libm and SANE??

Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:49:05 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 02:00:33PM -0800, paul beard wrote:
> I am really close to getting my scanner to work with NetBSD/macppc
>  but now I seem to be tripping over some math functions. I had
> errors on "pow" being undefined, so we swapped them out for "log"
> functions. And I get the same result.

pow is nothing unusual and really should be in libm. The only thing I
could imagine is that libm isn't linked for some reason or the order
of libs is wrong (?). Can you show the error mesaage and the line
containing the compiler call? Does it happen with special frontends
only (e.g. only scanimage but not xscanimage/xsane)?

What does "sane-config --libs" return?

> /usr/pkg/lib/sane/libsane-umax.so.1: Undefined PLT symbol "log"
> (reloc type = 21, symnum = 31)

Does this occur when you actually run the frontend?

As I said I'm surprised that dynamic linking works at all. It doesn't
do on my NetBSD installation.

> so what's with libm and how to fix it?

I don't know. I have never seen similar things on any platform
(including NetBSD). As this isn't the only problem you observed with
SANE: Are you really sure that there aren't some major problems with
you installation of NetBSD?