[sane-devel] SCSI issues persist: open to suggestions

paul beard paulbeard@mac.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:12:03 -0800

well, I am able to reproduce the problems I am seeing with my
scanner: I can get it to respond once, ie, use scanimage or one
the X frontends to access it. Then it's time to reboot or
power-cycle the scanner. I have yet to acquire an image.

Since I assume the hardware is OK (unless as Abel suggests, Apple
has done some clever tricks to resolve termination issues in
software), I have a couple of options. I could install LinuxPPC
and remove NetBSD from the equation, but I don't know of a
reliable distro that I can install with a floppy or via NFS (I
have no CD burner). I have cross-posted my earlier message with
Abel's analysis to the netbsd-macppc list, but I assume folks have
more enjoyable things to do on a Friday afternoon than deal with
SCSI weirdness.