[sane-devel] Strange stuff upon sane_exit while using xsane and xscanimage

Jaeger, Gerhard g.jaeger@earthling.net
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 13:58:55 +0100

Hi there,

while playing around with two scanner using the Plustek backend,
if found, that xsane hangs in sane_exit...
Here' s what I'm doin':
Starting xsane (version 0.84), the device selection box came up and I cancel
it - result: xsane hangs.
The same for xscanimage works!
It works fine while using only one device.
Digging a little deeper, I detect, that the call to free(devlist) is the
problem in sane_exit, this call never came back. I thought that the problem
is my own code (as I wrote the backend) - but exactly the same code can be
found in the Mustek backend.
Does anybody else detects this too?
Might it be a problem of xsane (probably freeing the device list)?

Cheers
  Gerhard