[sane-devel] hp5300c usb problem

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:21:48 +0100 (CET)

On: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:24:59 +0100,
    Stefan Kornhuber <stefan@kornhuber.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I use your avision.* files from your homepage and copied these files in the
> directory ..sane-backends-1.0.7/backend/
>
> Then I make distclean, configure --enable-scsibuffersize=32768, ...

Are you sure such a tiny buffersize is necessary and useable. Isn't
the default 132...? Such a tiny size will definetely lead into more
problems with the color calibration. And I have enought problems with
it ...

> but i get the same output from find-scanner and scanimage -L

You did also run make ; make install ? - Only a question?

> Have you any idea, what I should do?

Yes. Please do:
export SANE_DEBUG_AVISION=7

and take a look if the avision backend reports s.th. usefull ...

Has the executing user propper write permissions for the sg device?

> thx for all replies.
>
> steve

k33p h4ck1n6
  René