[sane-devel] 'scanimage -L' fails first time with modular SCSI drivers

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:39:12 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 03:34:16PM +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
> Perhaps I should have tested my theory first, before suggesting it.
> I've tried this patch, and it does exactly as advertised (the modules
> are now loaded and /proc/scsi/scsi contains useful information when
> read), but for some reason it doesn't fix the problem.
>
> It still fails the first time, and succeeds the next.  The output of
> 'strace -eopen,read,ioctl scanimage -L' differs between the first and
> second times only in two respects:

I couldn't reproduce this "only the second try works" effect with
Mustek scanners. Without the patch, only mustek in dll.conf, and no
/dev/scanner the scanner is not detected (even if I run scanimage
multiple times). With the patch detection works immediately after

I can't imagine what's wron in your situation.