[sane-devel] 'scanimage -L' fails first time with modular SCSI drivers

Erik Inge Bolsų knan@mo.himolde.no
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 01:16:30 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Oliver Rauch wrote:
>Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>> Are they really relevant any more? Even the oldest box I could find
>> (SuSE system from 1997, kernel 2.0.3x) had only /dev/sg0...7 and no
>> /dev/sga etc. I remember that some systems had symlinks sga --> sg0
>> but how old are the real sga devices? Newer then /proc/scsi/scsi?
>
>I am not sure about that. Has anyone a system that uses /dev/sga and
>does not have /dev/sg0 ?

Not anymore. But afaict, Slackware had only the /dev/sga variant until
april 1999 (i.e. changed in slackware 4.0 or so?). Nowadays it has a dual
set of device files...

--
Erik I. Bolsų | email: <knan at mo.himolde.no>
The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to