[sane-devel] Strange stuff upon sane_exit while using xsane and xscanimage

Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:44:15 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 01:58:55PM +0100, Jaeger, Gerhard wrote:
> while playing around with two scanner using the Plustek backend,

I don't have any special problems with two scanners with the
Plustek backend.

> if found, that xsane hangs in sane_exit...
> Here' s what I'm doin':
> Starting xsane (version 0.84), the device selection box came up and I cancel
> it - result: xsane hangs.

No problem here: xsane 0.84, backends from CVS, Mustek Bearpaw 1200
and 2400.

> Digging a little deeper, I detect, that the call to free(devlist) is the
> problem in sane_exit, this call never came back.

Huh? I have never seen a free() hanging. It may segfault, but a
freeze?

> I thought that the problem
> is my own code (as I wrote the backend) - but exactly the same code can be
> found in the Mustek backend.
> Does anybody else detects this too?
> Might it be a problem of xsane (probably freeing the device list)?

It doesn't llok like this. But I only had a quick look at xsane.

Or sane_exit is called multiple times?