[sane-devel] Hints for Epson Perfection 1650?

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:02:47 -0500

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

Actually specifying the read_timeout is the only way to change this
(that is if you don't want to mess around in the source code): The
#define is ignored for EPSON scanners, because at one point we
thought that 40 seconds would be enough, and 10 seconds for the
other scanners, so when the driver detects the EPSON vendor ID,=20
it sets the timeout to 40 seconds - if you don't override this
with read_timeout.=20

60 seconds should be enough for the 1650, at least I've never
heard of any larger timeout required.

If the 160 seconds is not sufficient for you, then there is
something else wrong. It can be so trivial as a faulty cable,
but can as well be some weird interaction between your scanner,
the USB interface and the driver version. It's very unlikely that
it's the backend - as long as you are using the most recent=20
version - at least it works for pretty much everybody else with
this scanner.=20

Karl Heinz