[sane-devel] Hints for Epson Perfection 1650?

Roberto Mello rmello@cc.usu.edu
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:42:31 -0700

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 08:19:15PM -0500, Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:

> Now this is strange. Did you try to set the color depth to 8 bits in

Well, to bite my own cheek, I just tried xscanimage and it now works
somehow. But yesterday xscanimage wouldn't work when xsane would. Go
figure.

> xscanimage? When you tried iscan, did you have a "normal" Sane
> installation on the same machine? IScan comes with a modified backend,
> and it requires this backend. Depending on how the library path
> is set up, it may have found the wrong backend.

Yes, I did have a sane installation. Hmmm, That's probably it then. Now I
have to find out how to make iscan not see the other sane stuff.

I installed iscan under /usr/local (with stow, a dandy app that makes
symlinks for me so it's easy to "uninstall").

Thanks for the tips.

-Roberto

--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu/ USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+