[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1650

Karl Heinz Kremer khk at khk.net
Tue Feb 12 21:58:19 GMT 2002

This shows that the problems some people are having with this scanner are
not related to the backend. It's more likely the combination of USB interface,
scanner and USB driver that causes these problems.

To answer your question about the scanner capabilities: You can use 48bit color,
the backend however calls this 16bit (this is per color channel, so with RGB
you end up with 3*16 bits). I don't have a 1650, but from the command set and
the debug output I've seen, you should also be able to select up to 3200dpi -
not that this would give you better scans, but you should be able to select
it.

Karl Heinz