[sane-devel] xsane zoom control

Ben Stanley bds02 at uow.edu.au
Wed Feb 13 07:35:50 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have a probelm with the zoom control in xsane. I wish to be able to
set it to numbers like 50% (0.5) and 90% (0.9), and even 95%, as I have
some originals which are just slightly larger than a piece of A4.
However, the zoom control as currently implemented seems to have a range
from 0.25 to 63.90, in steps of 0.39. This leaves me with copies which
sit in the middle of the page with lots of space around them (0.64), or
have their margins clipped (1.03). I gather that this is just a
limitation of the gtk++ control, as the zoom starts up at 1.00.

Ideally, both a slider and an edit box would be provided. A simpler
solution would be to reduce the upper range of the zoom (if that does
not hurt some other application).

Thankyou for a very useful program,
Ben Stanley.