[sane-devel] Multi-page tiff scans... not ADF based...

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Wed Feb 13 19:52:41 GMT 2002

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 02:27:45PM -0500, Sunil William Savkar wrote:
> I will check out the option for ADF, though I wanted to circumvent it...

There not much difference if you don't want to use the ADF. The
automatic incrementing also works without ADF. You must just press
"Start" for every page...

> I have had past problems with jams and adf.  Also, I wanted to use all of
> this in the windows environment, and wanted to minimize hand manipulation
> of any type.

I don't know how this works with Windows, but you could use a script
like this (untested, without any error checking):

#!/bin/sh
# One argument: the name of the resulting multipage image (without the .tiff)
mkdir /tmp/$1
cd /tmp/$1
xsane --save --force-filename page-0001.tiff devicename
convert page-*.tiff $1.tiff