[sane-devel] Sane 1.07 will not configure

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Tue Feb 19 18:57:05 GMT 2002

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 06:57:29AM -0800, Art Fore wrote:
> I get the following errors when I run ./configure with the sane 1.07 backend
> package.

This is sane-backends-1.0.7.tar.gz downloaded from ftp.mostang.com?

> echo creating
> rm-f
> configure_input=Generated: File name too long
> ./configure: line 42: syntax error near unexpedted token '*)'
> ./configure: line 42 '  *) ac_comsub= ;;'
>
> Can anyone tell me what this means?

Line 42 is:

                          This option is in no way related to

I don't think it can create any problems.

However, the output you are writing about seems to be generated at
line 4938:

echo creating "$ac_file"
rm -f "$ac_file"
configure_input="Generated automatically from echo $ac_file_in|sed 's%.*/%%'$  case "$ac_file" in
*Makefile*) ac_comsub="1i\\

Did you copy the output by hand? Please don't do that. Try
something like

./configure >dbg.log 2>&1

and send us the dbg.log file.

Try "rm config.cache" before you run configure again.

Especially the output after "echo creating" would be interesting.

If a config.log file was created, please send it also.

Did you use any options for configure?