[sane-devel] Sane is definately not Scanner Access Now Easy

Theodore Kilgore kilgota at banach.math.auburn.edu
Thu Feb 21 19:05:49 GMT 2002

1. I agree. Well said. I am usually on the "user" end rather than the
"developer" end, but I do understand the issue very well. Though even I
can sometimes ask a dumb question when in haste.
2. Sometimes I am kind of on the "developer" side, too. Scanners are a bit
above my abilities (yet?) but check out my article on an mp3 player, on
e-zine.nluug.nl
3. How did the above-mentioned article get written? The aforesaid mp3
player is supposed to be designed for Windows98 and have drivers provided,
but IT WOULD NOT WORK IN WINDOWS98! Therefore, it should be added to what
is quoted here, that sometimes the shoe is on the other foot, and hardware
which is claimed by the manufacturer to be good for Windows when used as
prescribed, will not work at all unless one troubles oneself to run it in
Linux, which occasionally is quite easy. I would bet that this is true
about scanners, too, as well as portable mp3 players.

Sorry this gets off of topic, which is to stick to the business of getting
our scanners to work better, but I just could not resist.

Cheers,
Theodore Kilgore