[sane-devel] SCSI issues persist: open to suggestions

Hubert Figuiere hfiguiere at teaser.fr
Tue Feb 26 11:53:15 GMT 2002

On Sat, 2002-02-23 at 00:12, paul beard wrote:
> well, I am able to reproduce the problems I am seeing with my
> scanner: I can get it to respond once, ie, use scanimage or one
> the X frontends to access it. Then it's time to reboot or
> power-cycle the scanner. I have yet to acquire an image.
>
> Since I assume the hardware is OK (unless as Abel suggests, Apple
> has done some clever tricks to resolve termination issues in
> software), I have a couple of options. I could install LinuxPPC
> and remove NetBSD from the equation, but I don't know of a
> reliable distro that I can install with a floppy or via NFS (I
> have no CD burner). I have cross-posted my earlier message with
> Abel's analysis to the netbsd-macppc list, but I assume folks have
> more enjoyable things to do on a Friday afternoon than deal with
> SCSI weirdness.

It appear that I have some similar problems: sane-find-scanner find my
UMAX Astra 1220S but xcanimage is unable to get even a preview.

On my side I have a little clue about what is happening: I have a 2.2.x
PowerPC kernel and use the Debian sid version of Sane that I suspect
build for 2.4.x kernel.

I will first rebuild a 2.4 kernel before thinking about reporting a bug

Hub