[sane-devel] epson 2450 scanner and firewire: wrong SCSI ID

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 19:24:24 -0500

--hHWLQfXTYDoKhP50

On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 06:23:48PM -0500, Douglas Gilbert wrote:
[ ... ]
>=20
> Looks like the backend/epson.desc needs an extra entry for
> the GT-9700 , for example:
>=20
> :model "GT-9700"
> :interface "SCSI"
>=20
> Then you will need to rebuild the backend(s). See the SANE
> documentation ...

That's not how this works. The *.desc files are only used to=20
create the "supported scanner" page on the Sane web page. To=20
recognize the GT-xxxx devices, it is necessary to add one more
test to the attach() function. I just did this and sent some
instructions to Dave to test this change.

Karl Heinz

--=20
Karl Heinz Kremer                                  khk@khk.net
PGP Key at                 http://www.khk.net/download/khk.asc