[sane-devel] HP3300/HP3400/HP4300 work-in-progress

Mon, 7 Jan 2002 22:36:30 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 08:16:33PM +0100, Bertrik Sikken wrote:
> On http://sourceforge.net/projects/hp3300backend we are working
> on a SANE backend for the Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 3300C / 3400C and
> 4300C models of scanners.
>
> We already have a prototype SANE backend for these scanners,
> although only the HP3300 is properly supported (the HP3400C and
> HP4300C have their vertical resolution fixed at 300 lpi).
>
> Could this project be added as work-in-progress in the PROJECTS file?

I have just committed such an entry. I will also add a point to our
TODO list for including your backend into the distribution sometime in
the future.

As you seem to have working code it would make sense to also add your
niash.desc file (or better a modified version of it). If it's included
into distribution, the entry will show up on the main sane-backends
page when sane-backends-1.0.7 is released and people can click through
to your web site. If you send me an updated version (without the
nterface to FrObYz API and with all the scanners you hope to support
with appropriate comments) I can include it.

Will niash be the final name of the backend?

I suppose you don't want to get your backend into sane 1.0.7?