[sane-devel] Help with Epson1650 USB under SuSE 7.2

Mon, 7 Jan 2002 23:50:38 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 10:33:36PM +0000, Steve Westwood wrote:
> Hi. I am trying to get my Epson Perfection 1650 USB scanner working. I have
> done everything I can find on the support sites, and RTFM till I'm crosseyed,
> but so far no joy. Can anyone help? TIA.
>
> The scanner is seen on the bus, but xsane reports "no devices available".
> Below are details of the relevant files. I have tried
> modprobe scanner vendor=0x04b8 product=0x0110 but still get a "Driver=(none)"
> error.

Maybe there is some interference with the usbmgr. Try to rmmod scanner
first and than mdoprobe with the options again. If this works, put the
options in /etc/modules.conf. If it doesn't work, check if there are
messages in syslog about the scanner driver.