[sane-devel] Broken links in TODO, PROJECTS, *.desc and website

Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:16:14 +0100

Hi,

The following links seem to be dead or can be made better. Please
tell me, if they work for you, maybe some are temporary or due to
local problems. Maybe someone has more current links?

PROJECTS:
---------
* http://www.abm.de/sane/
  m3096g updates
  403 forbidden

TODO:
-----
* http://www.abaforum.es/martim/bird/otlinux.htm
  viceo (Visioneer OneTouch 8600)
  404 Not Found
  There is a link to http://www.littlecms.com/ , but I can't find
  viceo there.

sane-backends.html:
-------------------
* http://aix2.uottawa.ca/~s1204672/sane/
  Abaton
  404 Not Found

* http://www.rene.rebe.myokay.net/avision/index.html
  avision
  404 "Die Seite wurde nicht gefunden!"
  New link: http://www.tfh-berlin.de/~s712059/avision/index.html
  (René, can you change this in CVS backend/avision.desc?)

* http://digitalimage.polaroid.com/products/digital_cameras/dmc/
  Polaroid DMC
  (moved ?)

* http://www.aa.net/~bentson/sane.html
  m3096g, sp15c
  DNS error, I think this was already the case for the last vesrion of
  SANE. Remove this link?

* http://www.franken.de/users/solid/
  v4l backend website
  Error 403: Forbidden (also since quite a long time, remove link?)

sane-frontends.html:
--------------------
* http://www.mostang.com/sane/man/saned.1.html
  saned information
  Works, but maybe http://home.nexgo.de/jochen.eisinger/saned/ is
  better?

docs.html:
----------
* ftp://ftp.uni-trier.de/pub/standards/io/t10/drafts/s2/s2-r10l.txt.gz
  SCSI 2 txt
  DNS error

* ftp://ftp.uni-trier.de/pub/standards/io/t10/drafts/s2/s2-r10l.pdf.gz
  SCSI 2 pdf
  DNS error

source.html
-----------
* ftp://ftp.de.mostang.com/pub/sane/
  FTP mirror
  There are no subdirectories, only README and
  twain-to-sane-bridge.tar.gz.

* ftp://tsx-11.mit.edu/pub/linux/packages/sane/
  Linux software archive
  Doesn't contain SANE versions after 1.0.1. I tried to upload new
  versions every time following the upload policies but they seem to
  ignore all requests. I never got any response. I tried to make
  the lsm entry more compatible, so maybe they accept it this time.

* ftp://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/linux/Mandrake/current/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/
  No such file or directory
  Mandrake RPMs

* http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/redhat/7.0/i386////sane-1.0.3-2.i386.html (+ alpha)
  Redhat 7.0 i386 and ALPHA binaries
  404 not found

* http://www.icephyre.net/pkgs/SPARC/SANE-1.0.5+XSANE-0.79-SPARC.pkg.bz2
  Solaris SPARC binary
  Not found

* http://home.tiscalinet.de/fbakan/sane105.htm
  OS/2 Version of SANE
  Works, but better use http://home.tiscalinet.de/fbakan/sane-os2.htm
  for a list of versions.

* http://paulf.free.fr/sane-os2.html
  OS/2 Version of SANE
  Works, but it's currently for 1.0.5 not 1.0.3

* http://www.quasarbbs.com/yuri/sane2.html
  Yuri Dario's OS/2 version of SANE 1.01
  Not found