[sane-devel] SANE backend translations: Go for it!

mh crapsite@gmx.net
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:36:23 +0100

Henning Meier-Geinitz, Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2002 20:19:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 05:58:54PM +0100, mh wrote:
> > Is it possible to add an option for configure like
> > --enable-qt-translations ?
> > Background:
> > QuiteInsane is almost ready for the backend translations, too.
> > However, it would be much easier if one could simply generate the
> > necessary *qm files during SANE installation.
> > This would mean, that all *po files must be transformed to *qm files
> > using "msg2qm", which is normally included in Qt.
> > (Syntax: msg2qm <inputfile> <outputfile>)
>
> I think that's possible, maybe even without a configure option. Just
> test if msg2qm is available and try it.
>
> What should be done with the resulting qm files? Are they installed
> anywhere? Where? Do they follow the same convention (sane-backend.qm)?

After looking at the *mo file format, I've just wrote a filereader for those
files. No more need to generate *qm files.
Thanks for your reply anyway !

BTW, there's a small problem in the pnm backend:
Toggling the "Hand Scanner Simulation" - option should result in
SANE_INFO_RELOAD_PARAMS
in pnm.c/sane_control_option/SANE_ACTION_SET_VALUE:

case 9:
  hand_scanner = !!*(SANE_Word *) value;
  myinfo |= SANE_INFO_RELOAD_PARAMS;

Bye,