[sane-devel] Acer 620S, not workkin

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:33:50 +0100

Hi,

> > after that I run make install ... and do tool/sane-find-scanner but
> > it doesnt reply any model :/
>
> Is the scanner detected by your SCSI controller? Can you see it with
> "cat /proc/scsi/scsi"?

Please also note that you may experience further problems if you're using the
ACARD SCSI controller that ships with the 620s. Several people reported that
they couldn't get their scanner to work with the ACARD card but had no
problems once they used a different SCSI controller with better Linux support
(e.g. NCR/Symbios).

On the other hand, I also got one report from a Mandrake user that got his
scanner to work with the ACARD controller and kernel 2.4.16.

Regards,

Oliver