[sane-devel] How to communicate with vendors?

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:40:25 +0100

> Now I am ready to (following your suggestions) write to Acer and
> ask them for a technical documentation allowing me to write a
> driver for Linux.
>
> Here comes my question: How should I write the letter to achieve
> maximal possible success? Are there any guidelines of leading
> such communications?

I don't want to discourage you, but if you find a contact person at Acer (or
Benq, as they chose to call themself recently) I'd be very much interested.
They didn't bother to answer any of my previous emails (sent to
support-sc@acercm.com).

Regards,

Oliver