[sane-devel] Help with usb scanner module

David Stevenson david@rondotheatre.co.uk
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 01:09:01 +0000

I am trying to find my way round to write a Bearpaw 1200TA driver. So here
are some queries that I am stuck on.

I am loading "modprobe scanner"
and sane-find-scanner then reports
sane-find-scanner: found USB scanner (vendor = 0x055f, product = 0x021e) at
device /dev/usb/scanner0
sane-find-scanner: found USB scanner (vendor = 0x055f, product = 0x021e) at
device /dev/usbscanner
sane-find-scanner: found USB scanner (vendor = 0x055f, product = 0x021e) at
device /dev/usbscanner0

Is it correct to find it 3 times?

I have the start of a test program that opens /dev/usb/scanner0 and reads the
vendor and product numbers. This works but after it has run once "lsmod" then
shows
Module                  Size  Used by
scanner                 7984   7
usb-uhci               21488   0  (unused)
Subsequent runs do not alter the used number, but I now cannot rmmod scanner
as it is 'in use'. Is there something obvious I have done wrong?

Where is devrequest defined?  As in
struct ctrlmsg_ioctl {
	devrequest	req;
	void		*data;