[sane-devel] Re: Avision backend

Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida moitinho@civil.ist.utl.pt
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:00:04 +0000

On Wednesday 16 January 2002 23:44, Rene Rebe wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I just merged our latest updates into the official sane CVS
> repository, the feature freeze is next monday - and I had to update
> some URLs anyway.

I have been busy lately but, from my viewpoint, the main problems (directly
and indirectly) related to the backend are:

- hpusbscsi+sane+avision will not handle large transfers. It is necessary to
use a large SANE_SG_BUFFERSIZE. Is it easy to fix?

- hpusbscsi+sg+scsi (?) will not properly handle sense requests. It seems to
be a problem only for the film scanners: calibrating with the door open or
trying to scan with the head still moving (this may be also be a problem for
flatbeds, when doing successive scans);

- calibration was never tuned because when Rene implemented it, we (hp and
minolta people) could not use it because the backend would hang when trying
to read a large request (see above). Since I discovered it I could not
properlly test (volunteers welcome);

- how do I implement film holder movement on a general basis (this is not for
1.07!);

I hope that from next week I will be able to look at this again (for 1.0.8 or
for 1.1?).

Regards

Ze Paulo