[sane-devel] SANE standard details

Thu, 17 Jan 2002 18:56:10 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 09:34:00PM +0000, Major A wrote:
> another question to SANE developers: when the flag
> "SANE_INFO_RELOAD_OPTIONS" is set by the backend, does that mean that
> the option's contraints may have changed?

I think so, yes. At least that's what I do in the mustek backend when the
source is changed from e.g. flatbed to transparency adpater. The geometry
constraints change. As mustek was in sane since the beginning I'm pretty sure
that this is intentional.

> The SANE document in CVS doesn't seem to specify this exactly, it only
> refers to an "option changing".

At least it states that valid reasons may be to change the value and the
availability. So the option_descriptor must be checked by the frontend anyway.