[sane-devel] SANE standard details

Peter Fales psfales@lucent.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:34:56 -0600

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 09:34:00PM +0000, Major A wrote:
> another question to SANE developers: when the flag
> "SANE_INFO_RELOAD_OPTIONS" is set by the backend, does that mean that
> the option's contraints may have changed? I would like to make it
> possible for the backend to have a variable number of frames that can
> be selected, and this can change during one run of the frontend, in
> particular when someone ejects the film strip and replaces it with a
> shorter or longer one.

I'm also trying to do exactly that, but I think xscanimage doesn't handle it
quite right.     My camera backends have an "image number" selection which
is constrained from 1 to the number of images in the camera.  If I delete
one of the images, the range is decremented.  I set SANE_INFO_RELOAD_OPTIONS,
during the "scan" but I've observed the following:

- The image range slider is not updated at the termination of the scan

- If the first thing I do after the scan is click on the image number slider,
  xscanimage aborts with a memory fault

- If I click on something else like a checkbox, then the slider range also
  gets updated.

Pete Fales