[sane-devel] Question about backend translations

mh crapsite@gmx.net
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:54:26 +0100

Henning Meier-Geinitz, Montag, 21. Januar 2002 18:26:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 04:06:37PM +0100, mh wrote:
> The only thing that may change is the way the files are generated and
> installed (because of the Makefile incompatibilities mentioned on
> sane-devel elsewhere). But this will only affect the Makefile, not the
> resulting files.
>
> > While looking at the latest changes, I thought that something like
> > splitting the translation files *might* be planned (and since there's no
> > public discussion about those issues on the list, one can only guess).
>
> I'm open to discussion on any topic :-) As the NLS entry was on the TODO
> list that long I just started to implement something.

Thanks for the explanation :-)
It wasn't my intention to complain about your work. If that's the solution,
it's okay. On the other hand, sane-frontend.html lists more than a dozen
frontends (btw, some are still missing, e.g. Kooka) . Maybe some of the
authors had been interested in the implementation details, too...

Michael