[sane-devel] some well known strings

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:52:58 +0100

Hello Andre,

I am working on a suggestion for several well known options.
It is not published yet but I suggest you start with the
option names I list here, although they might change if
necessary.

Andre Herms wrote:

> 1. Scan modes
> What are the default names for RGB, greyscale, and this 1 bit black/white
> mode?

Please use: "Color", "Gray", "Halftone", and "Lineart" at first.

> 2. Gamma vector
> There are names for red, green and blue, and a name without a color. Is this
> for grayscale? Should there be no gray-gamma-table if there are the other 3?

The one without a name shall be used for grayscale. It also can be used as
a common gamma table for all colors, this would look like this:

gamma_red = gamma_table(gamma_table_red(red))
note that in this case the gamma_table_red,... should define
a table with the same gamma input and output depth and the
gamma_table should reduce (if necessary) the gamma table
to the needed output depth, eg:
gamma_table_red 14 bit -> 14 bit
gamma_table 14 bit -> 8 bit

> 3. Is there an option name for Lamp warmup?

Where is the difference to lamp on?

> 4. Is there an option name for "reload all option values"?

??? For what shall that be. It normally is the other way around,
the backend tells the frontend to reload the options.

> 5. Is there an option name "lamp on/off"?
Please use "lamp-on" and "lamp-off" with type button.

Bye
Oliver

--
Homepage:	http://www.rauch-domain.de