[sane-devel] Canon FS4000US film scanner

R.O. Blättner rolf.blaettner@nuernberg.netsurf.de
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 06:00:32 +0100

Hi !

I just ordered a Canon FS 4000 US film scanner.   :-)

I couldn't find'em as supported on sane web page. :-(

Of course, I looked BEFORE ordering, but my considerations to buy
a film scanner (with reasonable resolution and a fair price) are
going on for 2 years now and I could'nt wait longer...

It has both SCSI and USB interfaces, resolution is 4000x4000 ppi.

Has anybody experiences with this scanner?

How good/bad is the chance that this scanner would be supported
by sane in (near) future ?

What could I do to help this scanner being supported ?
Notion: I dont't have any HW for protocol sniffing, but I'm quite
experienced in C, C++, *nix/Linux kernels.

... don't want to install Winblows again on one of my boxes since
they are M$-free for a couple of years now ...   :-)

Many thanks in advance for suggestions !

Rolf
--
Dipl.phys. Rudolf Otto Blättner,
D91074 Herzogenaurach, Germany.