[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1650 vs RedHat 7.2: not seen?

JJ Behrens jj@nttmcl.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:27:10 -0800 (PST)

> I am ashamed to say that I simply forgot that the USB function
> was disabled in the BIOS settings...  After I enabled it, the
> scanner showed up in 'cat /proc/bus/usb/devices' and the command
>
>     modprobe scanner vendor=0x04b8 product=0x0110
>
> succeeded.  I was then able to scan an image by saying
>
>     scanimage > image.pnm

Pierre,

Thank you for reminding me of this sanity check. USB *is* enabled in the
BIOS, and I am also running FreeBSD's USB daemon. In fact, FreeBSD even
recognizes the device when I plug it in.

Thanks Again,
-jj