[sane-devel] wish for cvs server

Sat, 26 Jan 2002 01:27:18 +0100

[sent to sane-devel and Cc'ed to Petter Reinholdtsen]

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 06:25:22PM -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> It would be nice if one could use the cvs tags to see what
> is changing from version to version.

Yes, that's one of the reasons why I tag the releases.

> I guess you'd have to change permission on one or more files.
>
> steve@riemann{sane-backends}cvs diff -r RELEASE_1_0_6
> ? backend/.libs
> ? frontend/.libs
> ? sanei/.libs
> ? tools/.libs
> cvs-pserver [server aborted]: cannot write /cvsroot/CVSROOT/val-tags: Permission denied

Ooops. This seems to only happen for the public CVS server. The
development server doesn't do it.

Petter, can this be changed?

My book about CVS tells me that this is abug in CVS and a workaround
is to chnage the owner to the one cvs runs as (changing permissions
only is not enough) or to remove the file. I don't know if this is an
option.