[sane-devel] xscanimage - advanced Options.

Martin Klaffenboeck martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:41:59 +0100

Erik Inge Bolsų <knan@mo.himolde.no> writes:

> On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:
>>I'm new here and scanning under Unix is new for me.
>
> Welcome! :)
>
>>I like xscanimage more than xsane, where xsane makes a core dump when I
>>make a preview scan for transparent media.  But I like also the look
>
> I'm sure Oliver would be grateful if you posted more details about this,
> like Sane version, Xsane version, etc., so that he can track down the bug
> and exterminate it... he reads sane-devel too, you know :)
>
> Newest version is 0.84, all of two days old - perhaps you could try that
> one?

Oh, I tried 0.84 with gimp and without gimp.  (But compiled for gimp.)
Sane is 1.0.6 backend and frontend 1.0.6

I just started xsane as a normal user.  The /dev/uscanner0  (where my
epson perfection 1650 is connected) has rw for all users.  Then I click
on color (on binary - there are no problems) and then I choose
transparency unit.  So now I click on Aquire Preview.  Then it works
(not as fast as it works if I would take xscanimage, but it works) and
when it is finished (the Picture in the preview is shown) xsane exits
and on the xkonsole I started it I can read

zsh:  segmentation fault (core dumped)  xsane.

Thats all I know...

But I'm writeing here for xscanimage.  Is there a way to do that?

Martin

--
Virtuelle Jugendarbeit auf http://create.kleinerdrache.org
   Martin on ICQ: 72997139