[sane-devel] xscanimage - advanced Options.

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 16:19:57 +0100

Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:

> I just started xsane as a normal user.  The /dev/uscanner0  (where my
> epson perfection 1650 is connected) has rw for all users.  Then I click
> on color (on binary - there are no problems) and then I choose
> transparency unit.  So now I click on Aquire Preview.  Then it works
> (not as fast as it works if I would take xscanimage, but it works) and
> when it is finished (the Picture in the preview is shown) xsane exits
> and on the xkonsole I started it I can read
>
> zsh:  segmentation fault (core dumped)  xsane.

Please do:
export XSANE_DEBUG=128
xsane 2>debug.txt

and repeat what you described above.

If you also have gdb installed please do
gdb xsane
r <enter>
and after the crash
bt <enter>
and send the output and debug.txt to me.

Did you compile xsane yourself. Did you install it correct?
When you start xsane is the scan icon displayed in the preview window?

Bye
Oliver

--
Homepage:	http://www.rauch-domain.de