[sane-devel] Unable to access minor data

James Leigh crinje@korea.gnu.org
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 23:23:08 +0900

> Nothing. However that's only the messages concerning loading the
> drivers. I think the messages about recognizing the hardware are
> missing. Something like this (ohci, but uhci should be similar):

Oh, yes! You gave me the right hint. I checked the ROM BIOS settings
and I found that I disabled the irq for usb.
What a silly gui I am!

But I have still problem.
sane-find-scanner says:
sane-find-scanner: found USB scanner (UNKNOWN vendor and product) at device /dev/usbscanner0

but scanimage -L tells me the opposite - no scanner found
My scanner is Epson perfection 610 so I gave an arguement.
% scanimage -d epson:/dev/usbscanner0
and this tells me 'Invalid arguement'

How can I change the UNKNOWN to Perfection 610?

Many thanks to everyone.
--
Uh-oh!! I'm having TOO MUCH FUN!!
James Leigh :