[sane-devel] Unable to access minor data

James Leigh crinje@korea.gnu.org
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 08:11:24 +0900

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 11:05:05AM -0400, Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:
> Try the following syntax:
> scanimage -d epson:usb/dev/usbcanner0
>
> You have to tell Sane backend that the scanner at /dev/usb/scanner0 is not a SCSI
> scanner (which is the default).
>
> Karl Heinz

Thank you really.

That works perfectly.
scanimage -d epson:usb/dev/usbscanner0
xscanimage epson:usb/dev/usbscanner0
xsane epson:usb/dev/usbscanner0

all works just as I wanted to. But without the command line arguement,
they do not work. So I set an environment var $SANE_DEFAULT_DEVICE
With this env var, scanimage do work without arguement but other two
still do not work in spite of the env var.

How can I make the epson:usb/dev/usbscanner0 default setting?

--
QOTD: "A child of 5 could understand this! Fetch me a child of 5."
James Leigh :
    Mail me to crinje at korea.gnu.org
    Or to crinje at gnu.org
    Visit GNU Korea at http://korea.gnu.org/