[sane-devel] Problems with HP OfficeJet D145

David Paschal paschal@rcsis.com
Wed, 03 Jul 2002 17:45:51 -0700

Christian Folini wrote:
> I worked through the step-by-step manual at
> http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/hpoj-0.8/doc/setup-scan.html
>
> My /usr/local/etc/sane.d/hp.conf reads:
> # USB-connected MFP:
> mlc:usb:officejet_d_series
> option connect-ptal
>
> Scanning produces:
>
> quewfield:/home/dune73# scanimage --test
> scanimage: no SANE devices found

Hi, Christian.  Which version of which distribution are you running?

Did you re-compile sane-backends to activate the OfficeJet support in the
SANE "hp" backend, as indicated by the hpoj documentation?  If you did,
then that's good, but also make sure you un-installed whatever copy of
sane-backends was already on your system, which may have been provided
by your distribution.

David