[sane-devel] New program for generating HTML lists from backend description files

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 00:02:44 +0200

Hi,

while adapting snapscan.desc to the new syntax I found that the template.desc
states:

; :comment and :url specifiers are optional after :mfg, :model, :desc,
;  and at the top-level.

However, adding a :comment at top level (i.e. comment on backend) won't
produce any output in either HTML file.

Another feature request: Some manufactures change their name rather ofter or
get bought by other manufacturers (e.g. Vuego becomes Acer, Acer becomes
Benq). My idea was to supply an entry

:manufacturer "Acer"
:comment "See Benq"

without any scanner models following.

This will produce an empty table consisting only of the table header in
html-mfg mode. I think it'd be better if no table at all is generated. In
html-backends mode the entry is lost completely.

In a perfect world it'd be possible to supply links within the page (i.e. from
one entry (mfg, scanner) to another), but maybe that can wait until release
2.0.

Regards,

Oliver