[sane-devel] xsane-0.87 released

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 10:23:13 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 10:44:56AM +1200, V K wrote:
> 3) I have a huge conceptional problem with scanning 2-colour images and
> applying a threshold. There isn't anywhere to set a threshold value.
> The scanning itself would have to be done at grayscale of course. This
> seems a basic operation to me and I can't see why xsane doesn't seem to
> support it, considering many advanced features are there. The scanner
> supports grayscale.

I don't think that's a job for the frontend (XSane). The backend
should provide an option to adjust brightness/threshold for Lineart as
usually the variable threshold value is implemented in the scanner's
hardware.

If the backend supports Lineart, it should allow to set a threshold.
Maybe you have disabled standard or advanced options in XSane?